circumflex mark

circumflex mark
символ диакритического знака

English-Russian dictionary of computer science and programming. 2013.

Игры ⚽ Нужна курсовая?

Смотреть что такое "circumflex mark" в других словарях:

  • circumflex — /serr keuhm fleks /, adj. 1. consisting of, indicated by, or bearing the mark ^ placed over a vowel symbol in some languages to show that the vowel or the syllable containing it is pronounced in a certain way, as, in French, that the vowel so… …   Universalium

  • Circumflex — ^ Circumflex Diacritics accent acute( …   Wikipedia

  • circumflex — [sʉr′kəm fleks΄] n. [L circumflexus, pp. of circumflectere < circum, around + flectere, to bend] a mark (^ or ˜) used over certain vowel letters in the orthography of some languages to indicate a specific sound or quality, or used in certain… …   English World dictionary

  • Circumflex — Cir cum*flex, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {Circumflexed}; p. pr. & vb. n. {Circumflexing}.] To mark or pronounce with a circumflex. Walker. [1913 Webster] …   The Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • circumflex — ► NOUN ▪ a mark (^) placed over a vowel in some languages to indicate contraction, length, or another quality. ORIGIN Latin circumflexus, from circum around + flectere to bend …   English terms dictionary

  • circumflex — I. adjective Etymology: Latin circumflexus, past participle of circumflectere to bend around, mark with a circumflex, from circum + flectere to bend Date: circa 1577 1. characterized by the pitch, quantity, or quality indicated by a circumflex 2 …   New Collegiate Dictionary

  • circumflex — 1. noun /ˈsɜːkəmˌflɛks,ˈsɝːkəmˌflɛks/ A diacritical mark ( resembling ^ ) placed over a vowel in certain languages to change its pronunciation; also used in combination with certain consonants in Esperanto to create . 2. adjective /ˈs …   Wiktionary

  • circumflex — /ˈsɜkəmflɛks / (say serkuhmfleks) noun 1. a mark (^) used over a vowel in certain languages or in phonetic keys to indicate quality of pronunciation. –adjective 2. bending or winding round. 3. marked with a circumflex. –verb (t) 4. to bend around …  

  • circumflex — cir•cum•flex [[t]ˈsɜr kəmˌflɛks[/t]] n. 1) phn ling. a mark (^ or circumflex) placed over a vowel in some languages to indicate that the vowel is long, as in French, pronounced with a rise and fall in pitch, as in Classical Greek, stressed, or… …   From formal English to slang

  • circumflex — n. & adj. n. (in full circumflex accent) a mark. placed over a vowel in some languages to indicate a contraction, length, or a special quality. adj. Anat. curved, bending round something else (circumflex nerve). Etymology: L circumflexus (as… …   Useful english dictionary

  • mark — n 1. trace, line, score, rule, underline, underscore, streak, stroke; cut, gash, scratch, slash, scar, cicatrix, pock; tick, notch, chip, nick, pit, hachure; dent, impression, bruise; stain, blemish, blot, pimple; spot, dot, speck, blotch,… …   A Note on the Style of the synonym finder

Поделиться ссылкой на выделенное

Прямая ссылка:
Нажмите правой клавишей мыши и выберите «Копировать ссылку»